- The Collegiate of Arts & Sciences in Prompt Design & Engineering (CAS - PDE) is a groundbreaking nanodegree program that offers a comprehensive education in prompt engineering without the requirement of coding experience. This unique program is designed for individuals seeking a career change or those who wish to capitalize on the AI revolution by integrating prompt engineering into their daily work. The CAS - PDE program aims to empower professionals to remain competitive in the rapidly evolving workforce environment.
- Students will have the opportunity to engage in independent research, directed research, and participate in a capstone project, allowing them to apply their knowledge and skills to real-world prompt engineering systems. The program emphasizes practical application, ensuring graduates are well-equipped to contribute to the growing field of prompt engineering.
- Throughout the program, students will be exposed to the latest trends and issues in prompt design and engineering, as well as best practices for navigating the prompt engineering profession. The CAS - PDE program culminates in a capstone presentation and defense, where students showcase their prompt engineering projects to faculty and the program coordinator.
- The CAS - PDE program is taught by experienced instructors who have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the prompt design and engineering field. The instructors use a range of teaching methods, including lectures, group discussions, and hands-on projects, to provide students with a comprehensive learning experience.
- Upon completion of the CAS - PDE program, individuals will have gained valuable skills in prompt design and engineering, and they will be able to apply these skills in various fields, including artificial intelligence and other emerging technologies. They will be equipped to work in various roles, including prompt engineers, prompt designers, UX designers, product designers, and more.
- By offering a comprehensive and accessible education in prompt design and engineering, the CAS - PDE program empowers individuals to thrive in the AI-driven workforce, regardless of their coding experience. This pioneering program prepares graduates to make a lasting impact in the dynamic field of prompt engineering.
- The Collegiate of Arts & Sciences in Prompt Design & Engineering (CAS - PDE) Nanodegree program aims to provide students with a comprehenive understanding of the principles and practices thats underpin prompt design and engineering, focusing on the application of artificial intelligence and machine learning in various industries. This unique, no-code program has been developed in response to the growing market demand for professionals skilled in the field of prompt engineering.
- Market demand and industry trends
- The current market landscape indicates a rising demand for prompt engineers, as businesses increasingly turn to AI and machine learning to enhance their operations and customer experience. Prompt engineering has become a vital component of AI technology, with companies using it to create systems that can understand and respond to human language more effectively.
- The demand for prompt engineers is not limited to the technology sector; it extends to industries such as healthcare, finance, and education, where AI-driven solutions can improve decision-making, service delivery, and resource allocation. The Washington Post also highlights the surge in demand for these professionals, calling prompt engineering "tech's next big job."
- The need for interdisciplinary professionals who can bridge the gap between technology and human-centric design has never been more apparent. As AI and machine learning systems continue to permeate various aspects of our lives, it is crucial to develop solutions that not only harness the power of these technologies but also prioritize human needs, values, and experiences. The CAS - PDE program is designed to address this need by offering a curriculum that combines the principles of arts, sciences, and engineering to provide students with a well-rounded education in the field.
- The interdisciplinary approach:
- Holistic problem-solving: By integrating arts, sciences, and engineering principles, students gain the ability to approach prompt engineering challenges from multiple perspectives, resulting in more effective, innovative, and user-centric solutions.
- Empathy and ethics: The arts component of the curriculum fosters empathy and ethical considerations, encouraging students to examine the broader social, cultural, and environmental implications of AI-driven solutions, thus promoting responsible development and deployment.
- Enhanced communication: By developing skills in both technical and non-technical disciplines, graduates will be better equipped to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders, including users, team members, and decision-makers, fostering collaboration and ensuring the successful implementation of prompt engineering projects.
- Adaptability: The interdisciplinary nature of the program prepares students to adapt to the ever-evolving landscape of AI and machine learning applications. As technologies advance and industries transform, graduates will possess the skills and knowledge necessary to navigate change and drive innovation across various sectors.
- Human-centric design: By grounding the curriculum in design thinking principles and emphasizing the importance of user experience, the program ensures that graduates are well-equipped to create AI systems that prioritize user needs and preferences, ultimately leading to better adoption and more meaningful impacts.
- The interdisciplinary approach of the CAS - PDE program is essential in preparing students to become skilled prompt engineers who can effectively bridge the gap between technology and human-centric design. This approach ensures that graduates possess a well-rounded skill set, enabling them to develop innovative, responsible, and user-centric AI-driven solutions across a diverse range of industries and contexts.
- The program goal of the Collegiate of Arts & Sciences in Prompt Design & Engineering (CAS - PDE) Nanodegree program is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices of prompt design and engineering, with a focus on the application of artificial intelligence and machine learning in various industries. The program is designed to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to become skilled prompt engineers who can bridge the gap between technology and human-centric design, and develop innovative, responsible, and user-centric AI-driven solutions across a diverse range of industries and contexts.
- By the end of the program, students will be able to design, develop, and
implement innovative, responsible, and user-centric AI-driven solutions
across a diverse range of industries and contexts, utilizing no-code
platforms and design thinking principles, while prioritizing user needs
and preferences and promoting responsible development and deployment.
Upon completing the CAS - PDE program, students will be able to:
- Analyze and apply the fundamental principles and practices of prompt design and engineering in various industry contexts.
- Utilize design thinking principles to develop user-centric AI-driven solutions that prioritize human needs, values, and experiences.
- Evaluate the ethical, social, cultural, and environmental implications of AI-driven solutions and apply this understanding to the responsible development and deployment of such systems.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both technical and non-technical, to collaborate with diverse stakeholders in the implementation of prompt engineering projects.
- Adapt to the evolving landscape of AI and machine learning applications, driving innovation across various sectors.
- Integrate arts, sciences, and engineering principles to approach prompt engineering challenges from multiple perspectives, resulting in innovative and effective solutions.
- Conduct independent and directed research in the field of prompt design and engineering, contributing to the advancement of knowledge and best practices.
- Apply the acquired skills in real-world prompt engineering systems through capstone projects, showcasing the ability to develop practical and impactful AI-driven solutions.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of current market demands, industry trends, and issues in prompt design and engineering.
- Pursue diverse career opportunities in the AI-driven workforce, including roles as prompt engineers, prompt designers, UX designers, product designers, and other emerging roles.
The CAS - PDE Nanodegree program addresses the growing market demand for prompt engineering professionals by offering a comprehensive and interdisciplinary curriculum. Graduates of the program will be well-equipped to develop innovative, user-centric AI-driven solutions across various industries, ensuring that they remain at the forefront of this in-demand field.
- The need for a nanodegree program called the Collegiate of Arts & Sciences in Prompt Design & Engineering (CAS - PDE) is evident in today's rapidly-evolving job market. With the growing demand for professionals skilled in the field of prompt engineering, the CAS - PDE program offers a cutting-edge, competency-based approach to online education that is widely accessible and delivered in partnership with industry leaders.
- As a project-based learning approach that includes hands-on experience and personalized feedback from industry experts, the CAS - PDE program offers a practical, skill-based education tailored specifically to meet the demands of innovative and emerging industries. This unique, no-code program has been developed in response to the market demand for professionals skilled in the field of prompt engineering, which is becoming increasingly vital in AI technology as companies create systems that can understand and respond to human language more effectively.
- The unique aspect of the nanodegree program is its emphasis on emerging industries. With industry-leading partnerships, the program is designed to provide students with the latest skills and knowledge in areas such as artificial intelligence, data science, programming, web development, and more. The nanodegree program ensures that graduates are ahead of the curve and can meet the demands of the rapidly-evolving job market.
- By providing a nanodegree diploma that showcases the mastery of the latest and most in-demand skills, graduates of the program are highly competitive and attractive to potential employers. This provides an edge in securing jobs and promotions, and offers the opportunity for career advancement and higher salaries.
- The interdisciplinary nature of the CAS - PDE program prepares students to become skilled prompt engineers who can bridge the gap between technology and human-centric design. By integrating arts, sciences, and engineering principles, students gain the ability to approach prompt engineering challenges from multiple perspectives, resulting in more effective, innovative, and user-centric solutions. The program also fosters empathy and ethical considerations, encouraging students to examine the broader social, cultural, and environmental implications of AI-driven solutions, thus promoting responsible development and deployment.
- Graduates of the CAS - PDE program are awarded a diploma that showcases their mastery of the latest and most in-demand skills, making them highly competitive and attractive to potential employers in today's rapidly-evolving job market. Whether one is looking to launch a career in tech or advance in their current role, the CAS - PDE program can provide them with the cutting-edge skills and practical experience they need to succeed. With industry-leading partnerships and a focus on emerging industries, the CAS - PDE program is the perfect choice for those who want to stay ahead of the curve and thrive in today's dynamic job market.
Collegiate of Science
- A nanodegree-granting program that allows graduates to obtain the "Collegiate of Arts & Science" nanodegree. A designation that is appended to the end of your name; see style and usage: "John Doe, CAS-PDE.
- This program's coursework is structured in such a way that students can advance to the next level once they have mastered the topic at their current level of knowledge. It benefits students by allowing them to progress at their own pace and by instilling a sense of accomplishment as they climb the educational ladder
- Althash University (Alt+U) is a unique initiative that offers a different model of higher education compared to traditional university systems. Through the use of Massive Open Online Courses or MOOCs, Alt+U provides students with access to a diverse range of learning opportunities unavailable through traditional university structures. Alt+U also holds a special distinction as it is not affiliated to any agency or country, allowing for unprecedented levels of program autonomy and flexibility. By committing to an educational system that does not adhere to national limitations, Alt+U continues to offer a new model of higher education focused on personal growth and development.
- This is a nanodegree program offered by the College of Continuing and Professional Studies; for additional information, please see the syllabus. To be eligible for a nanodegree, students must complete a total of 80 percent of the coursework requirements, which is determined by their academic achievement. The cumulative passing score for the program is 80 percent.
- Regardless of major, students must complete the "Certificate of Satisfactory Competence in Blockchain Studies" before graduating and receiving the nanodegree diploma.
-Distributed Ledger Theory & Practice
🎓 Norther Illinois University - USA
-Cryptography Theory & Practice
-Cryptographic Hash Functions
-Private & Public Keys: Digital Signatures
🎓 University of Bremen - Germany
-Smart Contract Development
🎓 AMA University Makati - PH
Tammy Francis, PhD.
-Blockchain in Education
-Well-Being in Technology Innovation
🎓 Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi - USA
-Blockchain Software Architecture
🎓 The University of Salford - United Kingdom
-Introduction to Cryptocurrency
🎓 Varsity College - South Africa
-Blockchain Project Management
-Wallet Safety and Security
-Blockchain Project Requirement and Scope
🎓 Federal University of Rio de Janeiro - BR
Vincent Rey Vicente
-Blockchain Healthcare Informatics
-Introduction to Blockchain Healthcare
-Issues and Trends in Blockchain Healthcare
🎓 Davao Medical School Foundation - PH
Fermin III Barrenechea
-Introduction to Decentralized Finance (Defi) -Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)
-Introduction to Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
🎓 University of Asia and the Pacific - PH
-Blockchain Theory & Practice
-Issues & Trends in Blockchain Technology -Blockchain Supply-Chain
🎓 University of Texas at El Paso - USA
-Blockchain Technology & Innovation
-Decentralized Model & Consensus Mining
-Decentralized Application in Practice
🎓 Indiana University - USA
-Metaverse & Web 3 Technologies
🎓 Ohio State University - USA
-Blockchain Solution Architecture
-Blockchain Anatomy, Nodes, & Networks
🎓 Government College University - Pakistan
-Blockchain Product Design & Management
-Introduction to Hyperledger Fabric
🎓 University of Petroleum & Energy Studies - India
-Blockchain Healthcare Informatics
-Blockchain Engineering Research
🎓 National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences - Pakistan
- State University of Zanzibar (SUZA)
- Zanzibar University (ZU)
- Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT)
- Institute of Financial Management (IFM)
- College of Business Education (CBE)
- University of Dar es Salaam (UD)
- University of Dodoma (UDom)